This week you'll be watching some TED Talks to answer the material for pages 115 to 118. You will answer these pages on your book, then transfer them to your notebook.
How Food Shapes Our Cities
The other links are here to help you with your essay which is to be turned in on Monday (March 5th) to my brother Federico, no later than 7 AM.
- "Free is not sustainable. The funny thing about sustainability, you have to sustain it." A Guerilla Gardner in South Central LA (I really like this one.)
- "We are all part of the local food jigsaw. We are all part of a solution". "If you eat, you're in". How Can We Eat Our Landscapes.
- Window farms have been evolving. A Garden In My Apartment.
- My plots are about creation and openness. In fact my plot can only work if I share it with as many people as possible. Subversive (garden) Plot.
- The western diet and the environment. "Back in those days there was no philosophy of food. You just ate. You didn't claim to be anything." What's Wrong With What We Eat.
- "I believe that power of food has a primal place in our homes that binds us to the best bits of life. Teach Every Child About Food.