When was the last time you saw or did an interesting or exciting presentation? Was it creative? Are you creative? You are about to do your first real presentation in class.
There is a certain level of expectations, after all, you are in Level 5. However there are a few things that you have to take into account:
You will go online and investigate an art movement, particularly in the plastic arts (painting to be more specific). Ask your classmates so topics are not repeated.
You will do this presentation in PowerPoint. There are so many PowerPoint presentations that are just absolutely boring.
- So don't be boring. Here is a fun video that you can watch to get an idea of what to avoid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSPPFYxx3o
- Speaking in public can be a little scary... or very scary. Here are some tips on how to do it better; http://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Public-Speaking-Tips
- The other thing is that you have to be as creative as possible. Don't be an immitation of everything you dislike, just because that is so much easier. On http://fundersandfounders.com/how-to-be-creative-31-ways/ , we read:
"Creativity isn’t hard. You shouldn’t be out there, wondering how to find it. You should be focusing your effort into finding what makes you feel inspired.
- I expect you to follow all these links in order, read all texts completely:So go to http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Creative read it
then to http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/tp/how-to-boost-creativity.htm and take the following points into account.
b. Borrow Ideas
c. Sleep on It
d. Collect Every Seed of an Idea
e. Embrace Constraints
f. Commune With Nature
- At the end you will leave a comment (with your name) in the blog describing what your topic will be and saying why it is creative and different, and how all of this information will improve your experience.
Rules for presentations:
- Presentations will be given on Monday the 31st. So you have enough time to prepare well. You have to email it to me NO later than August 30th at 10 PM, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can NOT read you presentation. You MUST show me your notes on Wednesday so I can approve them. No notes = NO presentation.
- Presentations will be NO shorter than 2 (two) minutes and NO longer than 3 (three) minutes. Time yourself. Practice.
- Presentations will be graded according to this criteria. So you MUST download this document, in order for you to know and understand what you will be graded on. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LMPs_KWSqMaGNISFdYeTE2bjA/edit?usp=sharing
- If you have questions, talk to me.