Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Know what you're talking about; talk about yourself!


What we're trying to do here is get you to be an amazing public speaker. So, how do we go about doing that? We do it by getting you to do presentations, and then a few more presentations... and a some more presentations after that. You get the idea.
Let's look at some tips from the Toastmasters website.

  1. I will make sure you that master these tips not by memory, but by constant work; http://www.toastmasters.org/tips.asp 
  2. Make the right moves. Don't hold up the wall, it won't fall.. http://www.toastmasters.org/MainMenuCategories/FreeResources/NeedHelpGivingaSpeech/TipsTechniques/GesturesGetMoving.aspx 
  3. Your visual support is vital to your presentation;  http://www.toastmasters.org/MainMenuCategories/FreeResources/NeedHelpGivingaSpeech/TipsTechniques/VisualAidsPowerPoint.aspx
  4. Let's avoid this;  http://www.toastmasters.org/MainMenuCategories/FreeResources/NeedHelpGivingaSpeech/TipsTechniques/10BiggestPublicSpeakingMistakes.aspx 
  5. If you lose it and things go wrong, this link will help you;  http://www.toastmasters.org/MainMenuCategories/FreeResources/NeedHelpGivingaSpeech/TipsTechniques/WhenThingsGoWrong.aspx 

And now the rules:

  • Presentation will be about YOU!
  • Tell us five things we do not know about you... GET creative talk about something which most people don't talk about.
  • You have to talk about your past, present and future.
  • You can bring any visual support you need, except PowerPoint or any computer based projection.
  • You will leave a comment, mentioning the tip you think is most helpful, and why.
  • You have to talk for a minimum of two minutes and a maximum of three.
  • YOU CAN NOT READ YOUR PRESENTATION.
  • Presentations will be on Monday September 15th, and it is part of your grade.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Ralf! I'm FRIDE, I decided to choose the City of: FULDA. Which is in Germany. Because I did not know that this City exists. This is an unique place, because of its Palaces, Castles, Arquitecture,Night Life. We can do lots of things in this City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will talk about Estonia because my name is Esther, not Mesther and I think Estonia is interesting because of its buildings, is declared World Heritage by the UNESCO, I will talk about Estonia's traditions cultures and why is this place so important for the tourists

    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING


    ESTHER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry.. ONE OF ITS BUILDINGS is declared World Heritage by the UNESCO,

      Delete
  3. Hey Ralf! Im Eduardo, .... I choose the city of Erfurt in Germany, When i was searching in the net for a city, i found this one which is really interesting because has a lot of history, and really interesting arquitecture, i havent heard about this city, so i would like to learn about it and want you to know it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Ralf!! I decided to talk LUXEMBURGO - Luz, I choose beacuse I thik has a lot thing to do, some places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Good Morning Ralf!! I talk about Seville in Spain,because I´Think this is so beautiful and interesting and all places have an original arquitecture.
    Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Ralf, i'm going to talk about Joppolo, Italy.Italy is my favorite country and this city has a lot of awesome places and a lot of history. It will be a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ralf, I chose the city of Verona in Italy. I've always loved Italy, its food, landscapes and many cities there, I think Verona it's quite interesting because the locations and places in the Romeo and Juliet novel are there, and if you go to Verona you can actually visit them.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ralf i decided to talk about switzerland becuase i´d like to visit this place and know about the architecture, traditions, culture, and the food you can find there.

    Sandra Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ralf, I choose Kosice in Slovakia, I think it's and unusual city and I didn't know it exist. I'll talk about the culture, the traditions and the interesting places it have.
    Karina Zárate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rlaf!!!! im Saide and im gonna talk about selfoss, which is in iceland, I choose this city beacuse its amazing and This country its one of the best in Europe but the people don´t know much about it, its an Island far away so thats why this city its interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ralph I'm Eduardo Castro and I decided to talk about Edinburgh in Scotland 'cause I think is amazing and very interesting, the city has a lot of history and an iconic castle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi ralf i choose Dusseldorf a city located in Germany and this got my attention because is the heart of europe so im going to explain the reasons of why is important in the country and the life in there.

    Dulce f.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK SORRRRRY RALPH I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT
    Espoo
    I think it's interesting because it is the second largest city in Finland, so there are a lot of things to talk about this place I'm also going to talk about a famous museum, their traditions like the drums.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well i want to talk about Chernobyl city, why? because i think its a great city is not just for the disaster, i think its a beautiful city and a have some of mistery around all of the city...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi ralf i decide talk to stockholm because i think in a place interesting because have a beutiful archicture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi ralf i choose Ekaterinburg-RUSSIA because i havent heard anything about this city so im really interested in know about it. Besides i have heard that in russia can be found good beer.
    edgardo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ralf Good Morning, i decided to choose Tallin, Estonia, because my name is Toño, and i think this city is very awesome, medieval life and other interesting things--

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi ralf.
    im going to talk about GRECE
    Gustavo Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, Well I'm going to talk about Eger, which is a city located in Hungary,I didn't know that this city exist. It caught my attention, it looks so beautiful, interesting and also with a lot of history.

    Erika Cordero c:

    ReplyDelete